Saturday, September 13, 2008

Close Call

Didn't I move to Texas to get away from these things?!?!



I just wanted to update everyone and let y'all know we're okay down here in Texas! I got LOTS of phone calls and texts from friends wanting to make sure we were safe and out of Hurricane Ike's way. We were prepared to get a lot of rain and a lot of wind, but thankfully (for us) Ike veered to the Northeast and headed up I-45 and towards Dallas. Instead of being greeted by what I thought was going to be horizontal rain and a black sky this morning, I instead saw blue skies and a slight breeze. We got lucky.

I wish I could say the same for everyone along the Texas Coast. Please keep those families affected by Hurricane Ike in your thoughts and prayers.

Cheers to a hopefully uneventful remainder of Hurricane season!! We're supposed to leave for our cruise exactly one month from today. (!!) Only bad news is that our departure port is Galveston, TX, which got hit pretty hard by Ike. We're crossing our fingers! (But, if the cruise doesn't happen, VEGAS BABY!!)

1 comment:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Hey girlie, so glad you guys didnt have to really brave the storm. Who would have thought you'd have to worry at all in Texas. Well glad you guys weren't effected.