Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spinach Artichoke Dip

And this version is a little easy on your hips!

Right after we moved in, Justin asked me to make some kind of appetizer, any appetizer, that he could snack on when he got home while I was still making dinner. I may or may not have been craving SPinach Artichoke Dip myslf, and I may or may not have gained a couple pounds during the three day trek out West, so I pulled out a recipe I had bookmarked in the September 2007 issue of Cooking Light, the culinary equivalent of a Little Black Dress, always there for you and always soooo good! It was voted Best Appetizer (of all time!) by CL readers so I figured, what the hell! 2 C shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
½ C fat-free sour cream
¼ C grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
¼ tsp black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed (I minced mine)
1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (8-oz) block ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1 (8-oz) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
½ (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine 1 ½ cups mozzarella, sour cream, 2 Tblsp Parmesan, and next 6 ingredients (through spinach) in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Spoon mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ½ C mozzarella and remaining 2 Tblsp Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips. (I also served with celery...yum and a lil healthier!)

This dip is soooooo, I mean sooooooooo good! Justin loved it! I made it for his birthday party and everyone there loved it, too. I've also taken some leftovers and stuffed it into chicken. To. Die. For.

2 comments:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Looks awesome!! I'm gonna try making it soon. I'll let you know how my attempt goes. PS I love the idea of sharing recipes. Maybe I'll post some if I make something fun and we can share! So keep em coming:)

Anonymous said...

Chip right off of the old block....you go girl!!!