Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Is All Around Us

If you know that song, then you've seen one of the best Christmas movies. Ever.

We've been spreading the holiday cheer at Casa de Margarita and getting in the Christmas spirit! The weekend after Thanksgiving we trotted off to Wal-Mart and got our tree! We spent the next day putting it together...

And then I spent the next three hours tangled up in a seemingly never-ending strand of lights. What resulted from that monstrosity was this pretty little a lot bigger than it looked in the store tree. Trees look sadder without presents beneath them. Since Justin and I have yet to go Christmas shopping, rather than actually go out and complete said shopping, I told him I was going to wrap up things we already own and put them under the tree -- he thought I was nuts.

3 comments:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

I love this photo montage! How did you do it?? I cant wait to see your tree all decorated!

Melin said...

Wow Shelby, every thing looks so festive! And you have your own star hanger-Justin, who needs a chair or ladder, just hand the star to him, can I borrow Justin for just a few minutes, we got a 12foot tree this year and can't figure how to get the star to the top... Justin to the rescue!!! Happy holidays to you both, can't wait to see you. Love ya, Melin

Cola said...

Oh, Shelby....your tree is beautiful!!! I so wish I could be there to see it in person! I love it! I'm sending your bird's nest!!! Love, Mom XOXOXO