Sunday, October 05, 2008

Weekend Recap

Sundays are so bittersweet. They're part of the weekend...but they're the worst part...the end. I love relaxing all day, doing nothing, but then Sunday evening comes around and my relaxation goes out the window once I begin thinking about everything I have to do before Monday rolls around again in just a few short hours.

I definitely needed today to relax. On Friday night, Justin and I hung out around the house for a bit and then headed out to grab some drinks with two friends here. We went to a pretty fun bar up around the Medical Center area. It was a gorgeous night so we sat outside, listened to great music, drank and had a good time!

I was determined to do one thing and one thing only this weekend...lay out. We leave for our cruise in ONE WEEK! (YAY!) and I currently look like I have just spent the summer in Antarctica. So when Justin trotted off to play golf Saturday afternoon, I headed to the pool to catch some sun. Mission accomplished!

We were both looking forward to Saturday night because Justin finally got his birthday present! Back in August, I got him 2 tickets to see Carlos Mencia, one of his favorite comedians, here in San Antonio. Before the show, we headed to T.G.I. Friday's to grab a couple beers with a gift card (Thanks, Mom!)

So then, I drove us to first the wrong venue (Apparently, while taking pictures of the tickets, it never registered to pay attention to the venue location to make sure we ended up in the right place! Oops!) But, we made it to the Municipal Auditorium with plenty of time to spare so Justin let me live. Get this...they have waitresses that bring you drinks at your seat! We definitely took advantage of the service! Crown Royal! Yummy!

The show ended up being awesome! My stomach hurt this morning from laughing so hard last night! Carlos Mencia used to perform a lot in San Antonio years ago when he was first starting out, so he wanted to make this show special as a Thank You. He was paid to do a 45 minute set...and ended up going on for 2 and 1/2 HOURS! Nothing but solid hilarity! It was so fun and such a great night!

Justin is on call today and tomorrow so I had the day all to myself! My Sunday started with me hanging out with John, The Locksmith, who came to fetch my keys out of RHonda. Oh yes, I was full of brilliant moves all weekend long! I spent the rest of the day at the gym, at the mall and in the kitchen (foreshadowing!!).

This upcoming week is CRAZY! I think I have three or four hours all week long that are not taken up by appointments! Busy, busy! But I have a sushi lunch and a Happy Hour (or two!) scheduled. Then, I'm off for A WEEK!! WOOHOO!!!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: